The afb SOX Trail Run
The afb Southern Cross 3 day Trail Run is an unique experience!
Runners will get the opportunity to test themselves over 3 completely different terrain – Mountain, Forest & Coastline. This Event caters for the needs of both the more technical runner and the less technical. The routes are varied with regards to challenges under foot, beauty of very different vegetation and completely different scenery.
After your day of exploring, you can relax in the tranquil surroundings of the Race Village and enjoy a scrumptious meal during the slide show & prize giving in the Marquee tent early evening.
This Race will change your way of living …
3 unique routes starting with a Mountain stage on Day 1 in the Outeniqua Mountains, beautiful trails through indigenous Forest on Day 2 and finishing off with rugged “on-the-edge” Coastline run on Day 3.
The gauntlet has been thrown – are you up for the Challenge?
- Date: 8 – 10 August 2015
- Race Village: Ebb-and-Flow Rest Camp, Garden Route SANPARK, Wilderness
- Format: Pairs and Solo’s (male, female & mixed)
- Cost – African athletes:
OPTION 1: NO accommodation, NO meals R2700
OPTION 2: INCLUDES breakfast AND dinner, NO accommodation R3200
OPTION 3: INCLUDES breakfast, dinner AND tented accommodation at Ebb-and-Flow R3600*Please note that the entry fees are per person and not per team.
- Chill zone from 12am at the finish for the athletes to have a drink and relax
- Distances: 30km Mountain stage; 30km Forest stage; 19km Coastal stage (approximate distances)
- Start times: Each Stage will start at 08h00
- Cut-off times: Runners have until 16h00 to complete stage 1 and 2, until 14h00 for stage 3 unless the Disaster Management Team identify health and safety risks and stop the stage and or teams before the cut off time.
- Entry limit: Please take note – only 100 Pairs & 100 Solo runners can be accommodated.
View more on their website here: www.soxtrailrun.co.za